Summer is just the best and busiest time of the year and I’m not the only one in Michigan bemoaning summer winding down. So what’d we do while the weather was hot and the days were long? Continue reading
I know that it’s already mid-April and spring is in full swing, but there’s no time like the present to do my March rewind, right? March was unexpectedly rough and this Lent ended up being a little extra penitential. But we made it through and Easter was all the sweeter for it. And now that life has become re-equilibrated, I have time to type out a few words about what we did last month. So let’s back the truck up. Continue reading
And so begins my New Years resolution of doing a quick recap for each month.
January’s highlights include:
- The month started off with frigid, freezing temperatures and we learned how to dress warm to survive our busing commutes. But overall, January was pretty kind to us. Just some small snow squalls and it even got warm enough to melt everything and I got out for a run.
- No big social events, but lots of dinners and evenings spent with friends.
- We went to a few performances at the University of Michigan. We saw the Collage Concert, which showcases student performers in the School of Music, Theater and Dance in three minute snippets; and we saw the University Symphony Orchestra perform a Beethoven symphony.
- I started picking up some tutoring jobs on the side.
- Chris has had the biggest ulcer ever in the back of his mouth (it’s the size of a dime!). Poor guy has been having a hard time eating and drinking. 😦
- We watched the first two seasons of the Big Bang Theory and memorized the theme song. Correction: The first verse…apparently there’s a lot more verses to the song. Full song here.
Chattering with the other ladies at Jenna’s tl;dr link-up.