February was a bustling month for us and flew right on by. I’m so glad it’s March what with all the lion and lamb talk.
- February heard me say that January was pretty mild and smacked us right in the face with 15″ of snow in a single day on February 1. It worked out well. We had local friends over for the Super Bowl and found out we had a snow day the next day. So we guiltlessly stayed up late, slept in and spent the morning shoveling. It was awesome…and backache-inducing.
- Then it got brutally cold and I learned how to really bundle up for my commute.
- We took a trip to central Michigan with Alaina and Andrew to go skiing and had a great time meeting their family. It was the first time either of us skied in a long time and was a great mini-vacation.
- The next weekend was Valentine’s Day and we went to a diocesan Valentine’s Day date night at the Inn at St. John’s, which is pretty swank. We spent the night with friends and enjoyed Mass, hors d’oeuvres, a couple talks, dinner, and dancing.
- My primary cabin fever symptom is an inordinate number of sewing projects. This month, I made valences, throw pillows and a runner for the living room and napkins for the dining room. Placemats and headbands are in process and I’ll post all the lovelies another time. Here’s a teaser:
- We went to the Michigan vs. Wisconsin hockey game courtesy of our realtor and friend, Travis and his wife Peggy.
- I donated ten inches of my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths and Inn Style Salon kindly did the charity hair cut for free! Lesson: If you’re ever thinking of donating do some searching to see if you can get a free haircut for your kindness.
- I learned how to make .gifs on my phone. Sorry. Not Sorry.
For more tl;dr check in with Jenna and her new beautiful baby boy!